Critique Groups Offsite
- Offsite critiques take place mid-semester fall and spring semesters (see calendar)
- Groups of approximately eight students are formed according to time zones by administration.
- Order of presenters to be determined by facilitator. The next in line should be prepared to go if need be.
Fall written critiques
- 1 student presents each Friday per the schedule established at the residency.
- Groups can set up a critque group forum for discussion or do it by email.
- Postings must be made in your blog. Links from there are fine.
- Post specific questions that you might want to ask your group to respond to in your forum.
- Student receiving the critique posts on Friday.
- Group’s written critiques are posted in the Transart critique group forum (or in blogs if your group is not using a forum) by Wednesday.
- Student whose work was critiqued posts a response to the crit in their Transart blog by the following Friday (600 words).
Spring skype critiques
- Facilitators will initiate skype calls and guide 30 minute critiques for two students per session.
- Presentations take place by Skype probably best with audio only but it’s good to say hello with video first, bandwidth permitting.
- Use headphones and mute microphone in Skype when not speaking.
- Skype ID’s are in the student directory.
- Be online with Skype open 15 minutes before the session begins.
- Presenting student online 30 minutes before the session for tech check.
- References should be sent through the chat window in Skype.
- Students in same city are encouraged to meet in person rather than Skype.
- Groups can be broken in two at the discretion of the facilitator depending on group size and bandwidth of participants.
- The person(s) being critiqued each week is expected to post a blog response (600 words) to the Skype critique one week after the critique group meeting. – Record with the group’s permission and take notes.
Email Jean Marie