Syllabus - "Praxis Enrichment Refresher: Thesis Project"
Praxis Enrichment Refresher
This half-day refresher workshop will re-visit and expand on the ideas and methods we discussed in the Praxis Enrichment workshop last summer in preparation for MCP 505—Project Report or Project Thesis. This module showcases your critical thinking and writing, together with skills in the contextualisation your own practice within your community and broader histories and theories (module details available at: Report vs Thesis).
The aim of the workshop is threefold:
- hone your skills and confidence (writing and delivery)
- determine thesis or report format
- to energize you and your writing
1. Refresh and revitalize the written aspects of your practice
2. Find an effective working method for thesis or report
3. Use writing to clarify your project and its cultural context
4. Find pleasure in writing.
Student expectations—Thesis or Report?
Thesis v. Report—examine examples of both
Which one is for me?
Re-visit and re-vitalize:
- organizing material
- your writing process
- solidifying thought through writing
- pleasure of the text
Materials students should bring to class
writing materials, laptops, required texts
writing, reading, making – process